(281) 557 2323

click here

R. R. Rainosek and Associates Attorneys at Law



Areas of Practice


Frequently Asked Questions

What should I look for when selecting a lawyer?
You should research the firm before you consider hiring an attorney. For personal injury claims, be sure the lawyer is familiar with the laws of your state or the state where the accident or injury occurred. Also, do check the fee contract in detail with the lawyer to make sure you understand how you will pay the lawyer's fee and costs at the end of the case.

Will I need to pay any money to get my case started?
We handle most cases on a conditional fee basis, which means that we do not get paid unless you make a recovery. We always explain to our clients the full details of the fee and cost agreement they will have with our firm before we begin representing them on a claim.

Do I need to prove fault to get a divorce?
Essentially if one spouse says that he or she can no longer get along with the other spouse, then the court will grant a divorce. There are, however, other grounds for terminating a marriage which may require that the spouse claiming those grounds prove the truthfulness of the claim. These grounds are rarely asserted, and usually only if one of the spouses is seeking something other than a typical divorce, for example an annulment.

Will I be allowed to file bankruptcy if my income is high?
Bankruptcy now includes a "means test" which is intended to provide a more objective approach to the issue of a debtor's ability to pay. Prior to the 2005 amendments, the trustee could ask the judge to dismiss a case because the debtor's income was so high that to permit the debtor to discharge his debts in Chapter 7 was a "substantial abuse" of the bankruptcy system. For detailed information, please contact us.

What if a person dies before bringing a personal injury lawsuit?
It depends on whether the person died as a result of injuries from the accident or from unrelated causes. If a person injured in an accident subsequently dies because of those injuries, that person's heirs may recover money through a lawsuit known as a wrongful death action. Also, even if a person with a personal injury claim dies from unrelated causes, the personal injury claim survives in most cases and may be brought by the executor or personal representative of the deceased person's estate.

What is “negligence?”
The critical issue in many personal injury cases is just how a “reasonable person" was expected to act in the particular situation that caused the injury. A person is negligent when he or she fails to act like an "ordinary reasonable person" would have acted. The determination of whether a given person has met the "ordinary reasonable person" standard is often a matter that is resolved by a jury after presentation of evidence and argument at trial.

Contact us today for a free case evaluation!

R. R. Rainosek & Associates Attorneys at Law
909 West Main Street, Suit 909 A, League City, TX 77573-2023
Main Phone: and Fax: (281) 557 2323 Email: rrrainosekatty@aol.com

Copyright © 2011 R. R. Rainosek & Associates Attorneys at Law. All Rights Reserved.